Welcome & Contact Details
Welcome to Dovelands Primary School where we are proud to be a UNICEF Rights Respecting School.
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting!
Dovelands is located in the Western Park area of Leicester approximately one and a half miles to the west of the City centre. We are an ‘all through’ primary school catering for children across the 3 to 11 age range. At present we have 550 children on roll including the children in our part-time Early Years Foundation Stage classes, which makes us one of the largest Primary schools in the city.
Dovelands is a popular school which benefits from having parents who are interested in their children’s education and who wish to work closely with the school. Parents give generously of their time and skills and there is always a good response to initiatives that call for their support.
Despite being such a large school, there is a strong sense of community within and beyond the school, with many links to cultural and sporting organisations in the locality. To see a copy of our school prospectus, please click on the link below.
At Dovelands Primary School we aim to:
- to provide education of the highest quality in an environment where every child’s needs are recognised and each has an equal opportunity to realise her of his potential;
- to enable children to discover that learning is a vital, lifelong process that is both stimulating and enjoyable;
- to promote self-esteem in children, staff and the school as a whole;
- to develop a friendly, caring and safe environment where each individual is respected and nurtured;
- to value cultural, religious and linguistic diversity;
- to encourage the exploration of values and moral issues in and out of school;
- to implement fully the Leicestershire Equal Opportunities Policy and to provide a range of positive role models;
- to develop a purposeful and trusting relationship between home and school and to encourage families to be fully involved with the education of their children;
- to develop links with the local community;
- to provide a health promoting workplace for staff and children.
(Under review with staff, pupils and Governors 2016)