Family Support Worker
Winter Holiday Activities & Food Programme
Things to consider before registering for a place
- location and how your child will get there
- days and the time of the programme
- age range of the programme
- Only apply if your child is receiving benefits-related free school meals
- Places are allocated to eligible children on a first come, first served basis
- Only one programme can be allocated to an eligible child for the winter holiday
- Multiple applications will not be considered - only the latest / last submitted form will be processed
I am Michelle Forbes Family Support Worker. I engage with families and their children using Early Help strategies with your consent. I will be supportive, non-judgemental and build trust to achieve the best outcomes for your family.
Here are some of the instances I can offer support or signpost:
Breakdown in relationships
Mental Health/Emotional Well-Being
Risk of Exclusion
If you need any support please call the school or email me:
Healthy Together 0-19 (Health Visiting and School Nursing)
Healthy Together is a universal service for children and their families from 0-19 in Leicester city and 0-11 in Leicestershire and Rutland, and includes health visiting and school nursing services.
We offer services for every child and their family – from before the baby is born right up to the age of 19 in Leicester city and 11 in Leicestershire and Rutland. Children will be seen by a public health nurse (health visitor) six times before the age of 2 with health and wellbeing being assessed at key points in their school life (Reception, Years 6, 7, 9, & 11).
Healthy Together is a universal service for children and their families from 0-19 in Leicester city and 0-11 in Leicestershire and Rutland. If you would like to discuss a referral to the service, please ring the Healthy Together helpline on 0300 3003001, where you will be directed to the contact details of the appropriate neighbourhood team.
Leicester City Council: Household Support Fund
If you require support with utility bills/food vouchers and your child is entitled to Free School Meals: either visit:
https://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-community/benefits-and-other-support/household-support-fund/ or speak with Michelle (Family Support Worker)
Please if you would like to book a meeting I run a parent Surgery on Tuesday and Friday mornings (9am-10am) book an appointment either through the office or speaking with me.
HOUSEHOLD SUPPORT FUND DETAILS NEEDED…
- Name, address, postcode adults date of birth– this should be the person named on the bill if applying for utility payments.
- National Insurance no’
- Who lives in the home(number of adults and, children include children’s ages)
- Mobile number and email address
- Type of support required… Gas/Elec/Water/Food/Appliances
- How the household’s property is heated, supplier(s) and whether you have a prepayment meter. Billed supplies require applicant's bill.
- The energy bills must:
- be in the name of the person I’m referring (“the applicant)
- show the full name and address of the applicant, the supplier reference number, supplier bank account number and sort code
- I will need a copy of recent bills.
- Water rates reference number (if available)
- Is your home, private rented, council, owned, housing Association
- Is there anyone with a disability
- Are you a family couple/lone
- What benefits do you receive: Universal credit/working, Universal Credit/not working…working
- Ethnic background
- If you would like to apply for a microwave, fridge freezer or washing machine please let me know.
Please email or bring the above in.